I spoke with Dr. Malik Burnett about the cannabis industry.
Dr. Burnett works to advance the broader drug policy reform agenda with the goal of shifting US drug policy from a framework based on criminal justice to one based on public health. He successfully co-chaired the Initiative 71 campaign, a ballot measure legalizing the possession of cannabis in the Nation’s Capital, garnering the support of 70% of voters as a policy manager at the Drug Policy Alliance’s Office of National Affairs. His passion for drug policy is rooted in eliminating the racial disparities which exist in enforcement practices, in addition to the increasing cost effectiveness of drug policy by focusing on health and human rights based programs.
Click here to listen!
- moXY Office Hours: Healthy Skin of Color with Dr. Chesahna - June 21, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Social Entrepreneurship with Aaron Walker of Camelback Ventures - June 21, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Cannabis 101 with Dr. Malik Burnett - June 20, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: An Intro to Venture Capital and Social Impact Investing with Stefanie Thomas and Mac Conwell - June 20, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Commercial Real Estate 101 with Michael Clinton and Diarra McKinney - June 20, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Optimizing Your Social Impact - June 20, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Building Your Social Media Brand with Dr. Tyeese Gaines - June 20, 2018
- moXY Office Hours: Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology with Fritz Charles and Jacob Pouncey - June 20, 2018
- Interested in Commercial Real Estate? - December 1, 2017
- Jay-Z: Top 5 MC or Aspiring CFP®? - July 23, 2017